Monday, March 22, 2010

Random Rambling

I do believe we Georgians are in for some beautiful weather this week.  Today is quite chilly out, but warm weather is coming!  Sunday we received some rain, and now the grass is starting to turn green!  How I love spring! (until the newness wears off, y'all will be hearing a lot of this.)

Y'all haven't even begun to realize the depth of my impatience.  Good thing I'm not a superhero.  Remember Mr. Incredible?  His anger and impatience cost hi a car and his job.  (I'm not strong enough to squeeze door handles flat.)  If I had unordinary powers, it would need a tight rein to keep my patience under hold.  There probably wouldn't be any salvageable furniture in the house.  Especially mirrors.

Seriously though, impatience is such an...impatient struggle!  Arg!  Everything is a constant battle.  Whether it explodes, or I lock it deeply within me, I struggle desperately.  I lose it every day.  That alone makes me impatient.  I guess I need something to bite down upon every time I get jittery and antsy.  Desperation rises in my chest, I twitch with uneasiness, and I feel like biting heads off.  Know the feeling?  Of course you do!  However, as the Bible says, we are to practice patience in all areas of life. (Ecclesiastes 7:9; Luke 21:19; Titus 2:2; Hebrews 12:1; James 1:3; 5:11; revelation 14:12)

Do you like colossal and grandiose words?  I do.  The trouble: my vocabulary is desperately lacking.  But words!  The delicious taste! .......Ahem.  Of course, no delicious tasting words pop out of my mouth.  As I've said before, I am very incompetent.  I fail to produce knowledgeable words.  I usually end up sounding like a complete idiot.  The looks that follow don't help either.  I have found that inmost cases it is better for me to keep my mouth shut.  However, then I come across as a terribly reserved person.  Mark Twain summed me up quite well:  "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".

Liberty turned seven months yesterday.  *sniff*  She is growing up way too fast!  Just look at her.



Before long she will be crawling, then walking.  What happened to the little baby of yesterday?  She is getting so big!  Time flys by much too fast.  Isn't she just a darling? ♥



 **********************************************************************************

Our family has been trying to to practice our music more.  While we were waiting for Liberty's arrival, we slacked off--completely.  Mom couldn't even hold her guitar over her bulging stomach.  Now we are trying to get back on track.  So far we practice twice a week.  Not very much, I know, but it's better than nothing. (give us a little bit of credit.)  We hope to gain some ground.  Hopefully soon we can add in more time to play.  Seems like we have so much time on our hands, yet the days are flying by like a swift wind.  What is gong on here?



How is everyone adjusting to the time change?  I must admit, I still don't feel adjusted.  Already it's been a week, but I still wake up feeling sklunklish.  I wake up every morning feeling weary, cranky, and very pained. (ME? At my age?)  I love the longer days however.  Now, even at six o' clock, light still reigns amidst the trees.  I hated disliked the soon-closing-darkness during the winter.  Spring and summer days are my favorites. (watch me cry about the intense summer heat.)

St. Patrick's day was a green day for me. (is that good or bad?)  Yes, of course I wore green!  I wasn't planning to get pinched.  But, I found something out which interested me: Calvinist Protestants wear orange; Catholics wear green.  Now of course I'm not a Catholic.  I proudly stand up as a Calvinist Protestant!  Yet I wore green.  Oops.  I plead not guilty.  I honestly did not know.  I'll have to look that up.  I had not heard of it until one of my friends on Facebook mentioned it.  I'll have to check with my dad.  He will know--he knows just about everything.

For those all around the world, I sincerely hope y'all receive gorgeous weather soon.  Did I mention it is now the first of spring?  I'm ecstatic with joy!  Saturday, the first day of spring, was a beautiful day unlike no other!  Warm with sunshine and cool winds.  The perfect day for going to the park. (which we did.)  Blessed be sunlight and springtime!  How we delight in thee!  Praise God from whom sunlight flows!  How we truly delight in Thee!

No comments: